Sunday, May 17, 2020

Difference Between Data Scientist and Data Analyst for Students


This is dedicated to Students who want to pursue their careers in DataScience, ML, and AI.

There is again the most demanding question that I am getting actual students does not able to differentiate between the Data Scientist and Data Analyst. Let me just give you my point of view on this. I understood correctly while I was getting training from an institute.

Difference Between Data Scientist and Data Analyst

Data Scientist :

  • Data scientists actually formulate the questions that will help a business organization and then proceed in solving them.
  • Data scientists will have strong data visualization skills and the ability to convert data into a business story.
  • So Data scientists should know programming in Python and R along with Perfection in mathematics, statistics.
  • Data scientists can also estimate the unknown information from the known data.

Data Analyst : 

  • Data Analyst receives questions from the business team and provides answers to them.
  • Data Analyst simply analyzes the data and provides information requested by the team.
  • Data Analysts should know the following things like Perfection in data warehousing, big data concepts, SQL and Business intelligence, etc.
  • Data Analyst looks at the known data from a new perspective.

I hope I am clearly able to differentiate the difference in the real world. Let me share a picture which will tell you more.







No comments: